Sunday 19 October 2014

Frank Body Scrub Review

I recently purchased the very popular Frank body scrub. I was really excited to try this product as it is very hyped about on social media. However, once i received the product, it terrified me and I put it on a corner of my desk and left it there for weeks. The reasoning behind this was that it smells incredibly strong of coffee. I know, I know, what do you expect of a coffee scrub? But i wasnt expecting it to be SO aromatic. Secondly, as soon as I opened the package I could immediately see the mess that this stuff was going to make in the shower. 
 

Flash forward a few weeks later, and I finally decided to be brave and give this scrub a shot. One of the main reasons I was so intrigued by the scrub was because of its claim to help reduce scarring, cellulite, and stretch marks. Many people have posted pictures of their before and after shots with the hashtag #thefrankeffect, and there seems to be a lot of  great results! I had a surgery earlier this year and have a pretty gnarly scar on my stomach that is pretty larger and still quite red. I would love to find a product that helps to make it fade! Frank's website describes the product as follows:
"I’m frank original coffee scrub packed with 200g of sweet almond, orange & lots of other good stuff. I’ll target cellulite, stretch marks, psoriasis, varicose veins, eczema and acne with roasted and ground robusta coffee beans. I’ll smooth your lumps and bumps with brown sugar & sea salt, moisturise and tone your skin with cold pressed sweet almond oil, and use vitamins & minerals to work wonders from the outside in. Then i’ll make us both smell good with a little orange essence."
Anyhow, I jumped in the shower and used a few small handfuls of the scrub to rub into my skin all over. It says to then let the product sit on skin for 5-10 minutes, which was hard for me because the water kept washing it off, so i eventually just turned the shower off and waited for about 10 minutes. At this point I was enjoying the scrub. It does seem to be a great exfoliant, and was easy to spread around without using a large amount of product. I then rinsed it all off, and still felt a bit of a oily film on my skin, so I soaped up with some body wash and that helped get rid of that. 


Once out of the shower, my skin felt AMAZING. It was super soft and smooth. But, I did smell the coffee scent lingering, and my shower was a huge mess of coffee grounds. Once i got that all cleaned up and was moisturized and dressed, I could still smell the coffee scent on my skin. I know that some people might like this, but to me its quite a turn off. I almost want to go jump in the shower just to get rid of it. 



Now I know that this is a coffee based scrub, so I cant really down it on its scent alone, but it's definitely not for me. I am glad that I tried it, and i will probably finish off the package, but im not sure that I will repurchase in the future. If i do, it will be a different formula (I have the original), in a hope it doesnt smell as strong. There is a slight citrus scent in this as well, but it is overshadowed by the coffee. If you love coffee scents, this is definitely the scrub for you!

You can purchase the body scrub at: https://frankbody.com/ It shipped to me pretty quickly, and I must say that it has the cutest packaging ever! Let me know if you give this scrub a try and what your thoughts are!

No comments:

Post a Comment