Sunday 19 October 2014

Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner




I am a big fan of a cat eye. Everyday that I actually wear makeup, I will do a light matte eyeshadow with cat eye liner. I usually use a liquid liner, and I have tried more than a fair share of them over the years. I always seem to go back to the same one I used in high school, a simple Cover Girl liquid liner. So when I saw Benefit had a gel liner pen on the market I figured I needed to try it. It has been popping up on social media over the past few months and I finally picked it up about a month ago!


  My first try with this eyeliner was an absolute mess. I couldn't get a straight line and little gobs of the liner kept depositing on my eyelid. It was not fun and i almost threw in the towel. After I washed it all off (which was difficult, let me tell you), I gave it another try.With this eyeliner, I find that it is best to start at the outer corner of the eye. I do my 'flick' and then connect that to my lash line. It seems to work best if you kind of stamp the liner on. If you try to drag a straight line it seems to end up jagged and not as precise. Once I got the hang of it, this liner did end up being quite nice. It leaves a very black matte line, which i prefer over a shiny liquid liner. It also stays on like glue. It is pretty hard to get off, even with a good makeup remover. The only problem I have is that I still haven't perfected the technique so I often still end up with a bit of a mess. When i do succeed though, it looks great! 


On the Benefit website the liner is described as follows:
'It’s the FIRST EVER lash-hugging gel liner in a pen! This matte black gel formula won’t smudge, budge or dry out, and the innovative soft AccuFlex™ Tip hugs your lashline from corner to corner. The closer the line, the bigger the eye!"
I definitely think that this is a unique product and it does produce a great result when done correctly. However, there is a lot of room for error because of the silicone tip and the liner coming out too quickly. I hope that with a bit more practice I will love this product even more, because I sure do love the result it gives!


Have you tried this liner? Do you have any tips on how to make it work the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment